Cattlemen’s banquet Saturday at Boulders
- The Crawford County Cattlemen’s Association will host its annual banquet this Saturday, February 9, at Boulders Conference Center in Denison.
- Doors open at 6 p.m. A rib eye steak dinner by Staley’s Catering will begin at 7 p.m.
- Admission is $20.
- Scheduled speakers at this time are Tamara Hein, secretary of the Iowa Beef Industry Council Board of Directors; and Merle Witt, western Iowa membership coordinator for the Iowa Cattlemen’s Association.
- Cattlemen’s royalty will talk about their activities for the past year. Luke Staley, of Charter Oak, will speak on his experiences of having his steer, “Captain” shown at the Governor’s Charity Steer Show at the Iowa State Fair. Lt. Gov. Adam Gregg was the celebrity showman.
- Scholarship recipients will be named, the Cattleman of the Year will be honored and trophies for the beef show at the 2019 Crawford County Fair will be auctioned.
- The evening will also include door prizes and a short meeting.
Boy Scout paper drive this Saturday
- The Boy Scouts from Troop 55 in Denison will conduct their monthly paper drive from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 9, at the Pronto parking lot.
- The Boy Scouts will be on hand to help people unload their tied, bundled or sacked newspapers.
- Acceptable papers may be brought in paper bags or cardboard boxes but not in plastic bags.
Sen. Ernst schedules town hall meeting in Audubon
- Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) will conduct a town hall meeting in Audubon this Saturday, February 9, beginning at 9 a.m.
- The meeting will take place at the Audubon middle and high school auditorium.
- Ernst will also tour Smitty Bee Honey in Defiance later in the morning. The tour is not open to the public.
Hunger Fighters, food bank distribution February 13
- The Crawford County Hunger Fighters and the Siouxland Food Bank will conduct their next bulk food distribution on Wednesday, February 13, at Our Savior Lutheran Church, 500 North 24th Street in Denison.
- Future distributions are scheduled on the second Wednesday of the month.
- Food at the event is made available to Crawford County families and individuals in need of assistance.
- Registration will begin at 1 p.m. with distribution following at around 2:30 p.m.
- People are asked to bring boxes, bags or laundry baskets to carry their food.
- Monetary donations made to Crawford County Hunger Fighters may be dropped off at V & H Tire, The Hoffman Agency and Our Savior Lutheran Church.
“Snack & Learn” panel February 18 at Denison Care Center
- Denison Care Center will host a “Snack & Learn” panel from 2 to 3 p.m. on Monday, February 18.
- The event will feature Advocate 4 Aging, Huebner Funeral Home and Kindred Hospice.
- RSVP to Maureen Sharp, social services director, at Denison Care Center.