The Denison citywide cleanup has been set for Friday and Saturday of next week.
Residents can bring their excess refuse to be put in the containers set at the 7th Street ball field in Denison between 8 a.m.-1 p.m. on May 22 and May 23.
Items not allowed include the following.
• No metal or concrete chunks
• No steel, aluminum or tin
• No tires
• No appliances – refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, dehumidifiers, stoves, washers, dryers, furnaces or air conditioners can be mixed with waste
• No fencing wire
• No liquids
• No hazardous waste or yard waste materials
• No liquid paint of any kind (please dry paint with kitty litter)
• No items which are part of the recycling program
• No dimensional lumber over 6 feet in length
People with questions regarding proper disposal of any of the items above may call 712-263-3143.