As designated by proclamation of the mayor, the City of Denison’s fall open burning period will begin on Saturday, November 3, and end at dusk on Sunday, November 11.
Burning may only take place after sunrise and before sunset.
No burning may be done on any public sidewalk, curb or street.
Residents are asked to use caution while conducting the supervised burns and to be considerate of neighbors. Following are other guidelines.
• Clear the burning site of all flammable materials.
• Do not use flammable liquids to initiate a burn (gasoline, kerosene, diesel, lighter fluid, etc.).
• Clear a 10-foot area around the burning site.
• Have water and hand tools ready in case fire escapes.
• Avoid burning on windy days.
• Stay with the fire until it is out.
• Yard waste in the form sticks, twigs, leaves and weeds are permitted.
• The burning of garbage and treated wood is not allowed.
• Take all other responsible precautions.
Residents of Denison are reminded that the yard waste location on South Main Street can be used as a viable alternative to burning.